Hello, and welcome to the frequently asked questions page for the MyOnlinePro service, from Plumbingwerx.
How did MyOnlinePro start?
In early 2019, I received a phone call from a friend who had a blocked, and leaking, waste pipe beneath their kitchen sink. Instead of doing it blind, I offered to give him a WhatsApp video call, and talk him through it.
The idea was born.
Not having a name for the service, or any idea how to go about realising it, I spoke about it only to family and friends, and a few select customers.
Early 2020 I had a clearer picture of what could be done, how to do it, and started taking it more seriously. MyOnlinePro became "a thing", and was due to officially launch in late 2020. However, due to the recent COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, and the need for the country to self isolate and reduce all non-essential interactions the launch date has been brought forward. Hopefully this will be able to help protect customers who are at a high risk from the virus.
What is MyOnlinePro?
MyOnlinePro is the new service brought to you by Plumbingwerx. It is a web/app-based service that allows you, the customer, to resolve your own plumbing and heating issues under the video supervision of a trained, qualified, and experienced plumbing and heating professional. At the moment all bookings are carried out via WhatsApp video calls, but the plan is to eventually move this onto a dedicated service, on a dedicated MyOnlinePro website. Stay tuned.
How does it work?
Put simply, it works in the following way:
- The customer calls/emails to make an appointment.
- The customer's issue is discussed, and a day and time is agreed.
- Customer is emailed a prepayment invoice for the consultation.
- Customer is emailed the appointment details, and terms and conditions.
- The consultation takes place. If a repair can be made there and then, fantastic. If a follow-up booking is required due parts or tools being required, this is organised with the customer for a separate time. This new booking will be charged separately.
- If the customer doesn't actually have an issue, but is just looking for a second opinion, this will be given. An estimate can be put into writing (for insurance purposes, etc.), and an additional small charge would be applicable.
What work does it cover?
This depends entirely on the individual customer, and how confident they are in their ability to carry out the work. Anything from replacing a washer on a dripping tap, to piping up a whole bathroom.
For legal reasons no gas work will be covered, as this is something that can only be carried out by a qualified Gas Safe Register engineer. Also, any work on unvented hot water storage cylinders, as this needs to be carried out by someone specifically trained to work on these.
Is it just for plumbing and heating?
At the moment, yes. However, as the somewhat generic nature of the name suggests, the end goal is to have as many qualified, experienced, expertly-trained professionals offering their services to customers around the world. As more services are offered, they will be added to the page, and a dedicated MyOnlinePro website is currently in development.
What if I need to cancel?
If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so no less than 24 hours from when the booking is due to take place for a full refund. Any cancellations within 24 hours of the booking will be subject to a small charge of £1.99.
I've got more questions!
Perfect. Get in touch by using the below button, and you will receive a reply ASAP.
Alternatively, please feel free to make use of one of the below contact details:
Ivo @ MyOnlinePro